e-Discovery Counsel Services
Electronic discovery has become a part of virtually every case. Whether you’re heading into litigation or simply want to avert being blindsided in the event of litigation, Bitwise offers services to help. Bitwise can function as your e-Discovery Counsel.
If you are an attorney who needs the assistance of an e-discovery attorney, Bitwise’s Greg Haverkamp can help. Greg can take on the essential roles you need filled to competently and ethically represent your client. Greg can:
- Interview the key players to determine what types of electronically stored information (”ESI”) must be collected
- Interview data custodians, from your client’s IT staff to records management staff to department staff, to ensure that if discoverable ESI is out there, you stand a good chance of collecting it
- Help you to understand the extent of collection and review needed so that you can be prepared to Meet and Confer
- Assist with collection when necessary
- Help you to evaluate software tools to be used in the review of the collected ESI
If you’re a company trying to put together an e-discovery team, Greg can help you, too. Greg can:
- Conduct your data mapping
- Use his background in IT to better integrate your in-house legal needs with IT capabilities and knowledge
- Ensure that you understand your company’s capabilities to produce responsive ESI in the event of litigation
- Help you keep abreast of the current legal requirements and best practices on an ongoing basis
- Assess your current susceptibility to large e-discovery demands, and help you to minimize your exposure
With years of systems experience, Greg knows the innards of all of the major operating systems, including Windows, Macintosh OS X, Linux, and various flavors of UNIX. He’s recovered data from corrupted filesystems for actual customers, not solely in a lab collecting data. Recently, Greg earned his Forensic Analyst certification from GIAC (GCFA).
Greg can assist you with many aspects of your data collection.
- Perform small-scale forensic collection and analysis
- Help you to evaluate providers for large-scale forensic collection
- Advise you on the benefits of forensic collection versus other means of producing or preserving data
- Evaluate the forensic techniques used by your opposition’s experts
Bitwise is ready to help you with you e-discovery and digital forensics needs.